There are simply no limitations as to how many props, toys, and kinky extras you bring into your bedroom antics. And while (we hope that) getting intimate with your partner is always a good time, there are a few things that could make your trysts even better.
While the more obvious choices would include sex toys, BDSM props and gear , sexy lingerie, and other sexual wellness products, have you ever heard of a sex pillow? You’re about to…
What is a Sex Pillow?
A sex pillow is a firm and angled wedge-shaped “pillow” that is used during sex for extra comfort and/or deeper penetration.
It’s been designed to prop up different parts of the body, like the stomach, butt, back, and pelvis so that you’re more comfortable and can explore different kinds of sex positions with ease. For that reason, there are different kinds of sex pillows that vary in shape and size, according to one’s needs.
For example, a sex pillow may prove useful for those who suffer from painful joints or have limited mobility , those who are looking for extra back and torso support, or those who find it difficult to receive deep penetration.
Sex pillows differ from your regular pillows in that they’re made from high-density foam that holds its shape. The higher end sex pillows are often semi water resistant, which is good news if you’re planning to get messy, and most pillows are washing machine safe.
5 Different Kinds of Sex Pillows
You’ll probably find tons of different sex pillows either online or offline, but there are five main types of sex pillows that are the most popular…
1. Wedge Sex Pillow
This is arguably the most popular sex pillow that is a triangle shape. It’s perfect for those who’d like to raise their butt or hips.
2. Ramp Sex Pillow
Similar to a wedge sex pillow, the ramp is also triangular but longer, and is more so a gradual slope. This kind of sex pillow is great for those who want to support their body and for those who want to experiment with new positions that may be uncomfortable. Tip: combining the wedge and the ramp, it’ll prove useful for those with significant height differences.
3. Half Moon Sex Pillow
A great sexual aid for bent-over positions, the half moon sex pillow supports the hips during positions such as doggy style . It’s also a useful mount for masturbation and other partnered play.
4. Cylinder Sex Pillow
For knee or hip support, the cylinder sex pillow is elongated bolster. This kind of sex pillow is also recommended for sexy fun that involves rolling motions.
5. Inflatable Sex Pillow
An inflatable sex pillow will most likely be on of the pillows above, yet is inflatable. This comes in handy for those who’re traveling, and they’re generally cheaper.
Sexy Ways to Use a Sex Pillow
- Place the wedge pillow under the lower back for better missionary , deeper penetration, and easier oral sex access.
- Using the highest point of the pillow as a cushion for one’s hips, doggy style or anal sex becomes infinitely more comfortable. This method also works well while doing the legs-on-shoulders position.
- Lean back on a wedge sex pillow, using the thicker part as a head rest for a laid-back and reclined masturbation experience.
Why Should You Use a Sex Pillow?
There are tons of reasons why a sex pillow would make an erotic and useful addition to your solo or partnered sessions.
Benefits of using a sex pillow include:
- They provide comfort for various parts of the body, like the hips, knees, and back. This is great for those with arthritis, sports injuries, or other body ailments
- They’re useful during sex for those who have smaller penises, as it allows deeper penetration
- They’re useful during sex for those who have larger penises, as it helps prevent it from slipping out.
- They’re useful during sex for couples who have mimatched heights
- They’re useful during sex and oral sex for plus size individuals
- They allow you to try new sex positions that are perhaps uncomfortable without it
- They could be used as a non-intimidating introduction to sex toys and other sexual aids
Simply put, when it comes to using a sex pillow, the pros outnumber the cons. Are there any cons to using a sex pillow? If you consider having to clean it regularly a con, well then there’s one.
Otherwise, a sex pillow is pretty much the next must-have item for your bedroom antics, whether they’re solo or partnered.
The post What Is a Sex Pillow & How Can It Make Your Sex Life Better? appeared first on Volonté .Intimate Tickles found this article quite interested, and we thought you might to. We give all the credit for this article to Helena Lorimer. Click Here To Read This Article From It's Original Source